1. If the rooms directly below the attic seasonally get too hot or too cold, this is a sign of inadequate attic insulation.
2. High electric/heating bills may be another sign.
3. Cold drafts in certain areas of your house in the winter.
4. Sunken “can” lights in the ceiling directly under the attic.
5. If the attic flood joists are visible above or between existing attic insulation.
6. If attic ductwork is exposed above the insulation layer.
If you are your home are experiencing any of these 6 signs, contact WMGB Home Improvement for an assessment on your attic. Most houses have only 9 inches of attic insulation. The U.S. Dept. of Energy recommends 20 inches! Inadequate insulation allows hot air or cold air to easily move through the attic, making rooms too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. WMGB Home Improvement can provide you with the proper attic insulation. Having the right amount of insulation can cut your heating and cooling costs by 40%. It will restore comfort to your home and be a one time home improvement with no required maintenance. Check out our insulation services to get more information and on how to get an assessment.