Addressing Home Energy Problems Through the Holland Energy Program
If you’re having home energy issues, it’s likely that WMGB Home Improvement has affordable solutions! Homeowners can take advantage of the Holland Energy Retrofit Program, one of the best efficiency programs in the country, to reduce the costs of types of a number of home upgrades for their Holland, MI houses.
There are many common home energy problems that can easily be addressed by energy efficiency upgrades and other home improvements from an experienced Holland insulation contractor like WMGB. If you are suffering from any of the following, we can help!
- High utility bills: If you’re noticing higher energy bills in summer and winter, this may be due to air leaks in your home’s envelope, inefficient windows or inefficient or incorrectly installed heating and cooling equipment, or poorly sealed and insulated ducts, according to ENERGY STAR. The harder your HVAC system has to work to compensate for energy loss, the more you’ll pay. Solutions include insulation upgrades and air sealing, replacing windows and doors, upgrading your HVAC system, duct sealing, and more.
- Moldy, musty odors in basements and attics: Moisture issues in the very top or bottom of your Holland home is often caused by water leaks or high humidity, which can create wood rot, structural damage, peeling paint, and even health problems. If you are experiencing high levels of humidity in your home, your central air conditioner may have been improperly sized or installed as well. Solutions include air sealing and upgrading your attic insulation and/or basement insulation.
- Cold floors: While cold floors are normal to some degree throughout the winter, unusually cold floors made of wood, stone, tile and concrete can indicate insufficient insulation or excessive air infiltration, particularly on the first floor directly above a basement or crawlspace. Solutions can include air sealing as much as basement insulation or crawlspace encapsulation.
- Drafts: If you feel drafts throughout the home in winter, this is caused by leaks in windows and doors. Solutions include air sealing as well as replacement windows and doors that will better seal and insulate your home.
- Ice dams: These can form on roof ridges in winter, which means the warm air inside your home is leaking into the attic, warming the underside of the roof. Accumulating snow and ice will melt and refreeze to form dangerous ice dams. Oftentimes, insufficient attic insulation, damaged roofing and even poorly drained gutters can be to blame. Solutions include attic insulation and air sealing.
Call WMGB Home Improvement for Solutions
The first place to start with home upgrades like insulation and air sealing is with a free healthy home assessment and energy audit for your Holland, MI home from WMGB. Using the results from our comprehensive audit process, we’ll make recommendations for how we think you can best address your issues with energy usage, heating and cooling costs, indoor comfort, and air quality concerns.
If you’re looking for an energy audit near you or if you have more questions as to which home improvements allow you to qualify for up to $6,500 in Semco and BPW rebates and grants as part of the Holland Home Energy Retrofit Program, contact the leading insulation contractors in Holland, MI, WMGB Home Improvement, today at 616-226-5558.